CELSYS, Inc. (“Celsys”) contributes to society by providing solutions for the production and distribution of digital content, earning the trust of our customers, and managing its business in accordance with the expectations of Celsys, based on our management policy and code of conduct. We understand that personal information is an important asset of our customers that must be managed under the strictest terms, and a valuable resource to Celsys for improving our services to customers.
The name and address of the business, the names of the company representative, and the Personal information protection manager are as follows.
We may acquire customers’ personal information (including recordings of telephone calls) for the purposes set forth in Article 4. Please note that if the necessary personal information is not provided, certain services may be unavailable, or we may not be able to respond to certain inquiries.
Our websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13, or those under the age of majority in their local jurisdiction, but we acknowledge that this is a possibility. We shall not knowingly collect personal information for children under the age of 13, or those under the age of majority in their local jurisdiction. Users are required to create an account to use our services. If we determine that the user is under 13 years of age when registering for an account to use our services, we will implement a system to seek the consent of the parent or guardian of the user for the purposes of creating an account. We request that guardians of children who would like to or are intending to use our website take note, and in the event that consent is granted take action to grant such consent. In the unlikely event that such matters cannot be resolved, please contact us as per Article 10 “Contact for grievances and disclosures.”
1. We process personal information provided by customers for the following purposes. In the event that the personal information is to be used for purposes not listed below, we shall inform customers in advance of such purpose to obtain permission.
|Type of Personal Information||Purpose of Use|
|1||Personal information (address, name, age, email address, etc.) of customers currently using Clip Studio services||(1) For the sale, provision, and leasing of products handled by Celsys (including order acceptance, payment processing, and shipping.)|
|(2) Services related to the above (such as communication of shipping, additional sales, etc., by web, e-mail, telephone, etc., and other communication deemed necessary)|
|(3) To provide Clip Studio account services|
|(4) To introduce products and events|
|(5) To provide information about products|
|(6) To provide support and maintenance|
|(7) To conduct surveys and monitoring to develop and provide services|
|(8) For promotions and giveaways (including entry, raffle, and shipping of prizes)|
|(9) To prepare and publish data, aggregated in such a manner that individuals cannot be identified or specified, and conduct marketing analysis based on such data as reference for future sales activities and development of new services|
|(10) To use and record access data (via internet, telephone, etc.) for system operation & management and to respond to inquiries|
|(11) To respond to inquiries and messages|
|(12) To conclude, fulfill, and terminate contracts, etc.|
|(13) To prepare documents required by law|
|2||Personal information (address, name, age, email address, etc.) of customers using Celsys services other than Clip Studio||(1) To prepare and publish data, aggregated in such a manner that individuals cannot be identified or specified, and conduct marketing analysis based on such data as reference for future sales activities and development of new services|
|(2) To use and record access data (via internet, telephone, etc.) for system operation & management and to respond to inquiries|
|(3) To respond to inquiries and messages|
|(4) To conclude, fulfill, and terminate contracts, etc.|
|(5) To prepare documents required by law|
|3||Personal information (name, telephone number, email address, etc.) of business partner representatives||(1) To make contact in relation to business activities|
|(2) To prepare and publish data, aggregated in such a manner that individuals cannot be identified or specified, and conduct marketing analysis based on such data as reference for future sales activities and development of new services|
|(3) To respond to inquiries and messages|
|(4) To conclude, fulfill, and terminate contracts, etc.|
|(5)(5) To prepare documents required by law|
|4||Personal information (address, name, age, telephone number, email address, etc.) of job applicants||For communication and operations related to hiring and assessment|
|5||Personal information (address, name, age, telephone number, email address, etc.) of employees (including ex-employees)||(1) For personnel management (assessment & placement, etc.) and training|
|(2) For handling wages (including salaries, one-off payments, severance payments, retirement payments)|
|(3) For operations related to employee benefits (including asset accumulation savings)|
|(4) For security management (including crime/disaster prevention and occupational health & safety)|
|(5) For business operations (business communications, creation of reports, etc.)|
2. We may receive information on customers, including identifiers and action history, from third parties who do not possess personally identifiable information (such as customer names). Such information may be taken as personal information by means of linking it with the personal information of customers that we manage. We may use such information in accordance with the purposes set forth in the preceding paragraphs unless a separate purpose is stated. In such cases, personal information will be handled appropriately according to the law.
３. Provided personal information shall be held and managed by Celsys for the period necessary to achieve the purpose stated in Article 1, based on our Personal Information Management Ledger, or for the period we are obliged by law to retain such information. We do not retain any personal information beyond the purposes for which it was obtained or as required by law.
Customers acknowledge that the personal information may be used by outsourced third parties ("Outsourced Contractors," including parties outside of Japan) for its business operation to the extent defined by us in the previous article. Customers accept that we may provide the Outsourcing Contractor with a portion of the personal information (including but not limited to: name, address, phone number, and email addresses) for the relevant purposes only to the extent deemed necessary. In this case, we shall enter a contract with the Outsourced Contractor, forbidding the Outsourced Contractor from using the personal information for purposes other than those specified. We shall supervise and ensure that the Outsourced Contractor manages the personal information appropriately.
The details of the Outsourced Contractors are as follows.
|Name of Outsourced Contractor and country of transfer||Timing and method of transfer||Personal Information to be Entrusted||Purpose of Use by Outsourced Contractor||Period of Use by Outsourced Contractor|
|Amazon Web Services Japan GK Japan||When necessary, through use of Celsys websites||Email address, date of birth||To create a Clip Studio Account||Until Clip Studio Account is deleted|
|Tokyo denca Co., Ltd. Japan||When necessary, through use of Celsys websites||Name, address||Ecommerce and shipping||Until Clip Studio Account is deleted|
|SAPANA Co., Ltd. Japan||When necessary, through use of Celsys websites||Email address||Email distribution||Until Clip Studio Account is deleted|
Celsys may provide a third party with personal information in its entirety or in part without prior approval from customers in the following cases; Celsys may also provide your personal information to third parties including our group companies and partner companies in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Details of the Third Parties are as follows.
|Name of Third Party and country of transfer||Timing and method of transfer||Personal Information provided||Purpose of Use by Third Party||Period of Use by Third Party|
1. Cookies are used by some of our services for purposes such as obtaining information to enable more convenient use and to continually improve such services. Cookies are information sent from a server related to the operation of the service to the customer's browser and are saved on the customer's computer. The saved information does not contain any personally identifiable information such as names, telephone numbers, or addresses. Furthermore, there are no directly harmful effects on the computer. You can adjust the settings on your browser to prevent the receipt of cookies. However, doing so may prevent some functions from operating.
・Network Advertising Initiative
3. The services we provide may contain the following third-party information-gathering modules for the purpose of providing features in the services, displaying advertisements, and understanding usage statistics.
・Google Analytics (to understand how our products and websites are used)
・Firebase (to collect crash reports and promotion optimization)
・AppsFlyer (to analyze efficacy of placed advertising)
・Rollbar (to collect error information)
4. Please visit the relevant websites or follow the instructions below to stop usage information from being sent to advertising distribution companies or companies providing information-gathering modules.
・Clip Studio (Windows/macOS):
Go to the Maintenance menu and disable “Automatically send anonymous usage logs.”
・Clip Studio Paint (Windows/macOS):
・Clip Studio Paint (iPad/iPhone/Galaxy/Android/Chromebook):
・CLIP STUDIO MODELER (Windows/macOS):
Go to Help and disable “Automatically send anonymous usage logs.”
5. These settings need to be configured again if you change your computer or browser or delete cookies.
We collect and use personal information based on the following bases.
Note: If personal information processing is based on customer consent, the customer retains the right to withdraw such consent.
・Performance of contracts
・Fulfillment of legal obligations
・Protection of the public interest and exercise of public authority
・Protection of the vital interests of the customer or another third party
・Protection of legitimate business interests within the scope of business activities performed by Celsys (performance of duties, improvement of products, services, etc.)
We may transfer the personal information of our customers to companies (including subcontractors of such companies) located in the following countries and regions. There is a possibility that your information may be transferred to a country or region that does not have legislation on personal information protection comparable to those in your country or region of residence. In such cases, we will take the appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws.
Countries/regions: United States of America
Title: 1) Google（Measures taken by Google to protect personal information)
Title: 2) Network Advertising Initiative(Measures taken by NAI to protect personal information)
We may transfer your personal information from the EEA or UK to countries and regions outside the EEA or UK. In such cases, we will, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, rely on the country of transfer’s Adequacy Certification if such certification has been granted or, if transferring to a country without such certification, enter into Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) with the country of transfer.
You may check on your personal information by the method we have set out and correct, update, or delete the information yourself. Upon request, we will comply with customer requests for: the notification and disclosure (including the divulging of records provided to third parties) of usage purposes for any personal information we possess that is eligible for disclosure; correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, deletion of personal information; objection to the handling of personal information; data portability; and the exercise of other rights related to personal information granted to customers (“Disclosure”). The contact for grievances regarding handling personal information subject to disclosure and responding to Disclosure requests is as follows.
【Contact for grievances and disclosure requests】
Pacific Marks Shinjuku 2F, 4-15-7 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0023
Grievance and Disclosure Request Office, CELSYS, Inc.
If you wish to request Disclosure of your personal information, please submit the following documents to Grievance and Disclosure Request Office either by (1) post or fax, (2) email, or another means of online communication.
If you would like to terminate usage, delete, correct, or request disclosure for your own personal information, please submit the information, as well as the forms of identification set forth below. If the request is made by a representative, please also submit information to prove your identity as the representative as detailed below. Once your identity has been verified, you will be contacted by our Personal Information helpdesk within a few business days. Documents used to verify your identity will be destroyed in accordance with internal regulations immediately after we respond to your request.
Information to be submitted:
Proof of Identification for requests made by the applicant or a representative of the applicant
|Submission method||Requesting party|
|The person in question||A representative of the person in question|
|Post or fax||1) A copy of one of the following documents:
||2) A copy of one of the documents for the person in question listed under 1), and the following documents for the representative:
|Email, etc||3) ID and password||4) PDF files of documents listed under 1) and 2)|
A. For Disclosure requests, the following processing fees will be charged.
|・Notification of usage purpose:||JPY 1,000 (inc. tax) per request|
|・Disclosure request:||JPY 1,000 (inc. tax) per request|
B. Upon receipt of a Personal Information Disclosure request, we will notify you of the bank account to which you should pay the processing fee. Responses to the requesting party, or their representative, will be rendered only after the details of the Disclosure request(s) and receipt of the processing fee have been confirmed.
Please note that the costs involved with mailing the Personal Information Disclosure Request Form and executing the bank transfer to pay the processing fee will be borne by the requesting party.
You may check on your personal information by the method we have set out and correct, update, or delete the information yourself. Notwithstanding this Article, we will also, upon your request, and in accordance with applicable law, provide you with access to, allow you to correct or delete, restrict or object to the processing of, or exercise your rate to data portability of your personal information in our possession (to the extent permissible by applicable law we may charge a reasonable fee to respond to such requests). You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal information with a regulatory authority. The contact information for exercising the aforementioned rights is as described in this Article.
1. This site employs SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a communication protocol that encrypts data sent over IP networks such as the Internet. SSL encrypts transmissions between two devices that send and receive data, preventing the falsification or modification of data by other devices on the same network, such as a communication relay.
1) Appoint an officer responsible for the handling of personal information;
2) Clearly identify employees who handle personal information and the scope of the personal information they handle, and establish a reporting system to the responsible officer(s) in the event of a violation, or indications thereto, of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or internal rules regarding the handling of personal information have occurred;
3) Regularly educate employees on the proper handling of personal information;
4) and manage the access to personal information of employees who handle such personal information, restrict access to devices and rooms and implement measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing personal information.
3. We regularly review our security guidelines to ensure the proper implementation of the measures set forth in the previous section.
4. In the event that we subcontract the handling of personal information to a third party, we will enter into a contract with the Outsourcing Contractor and duly manage their operations.
5. In the event of an indecent (leakage, loss, damage, or infringement) related to personal information (including the threat of such an incident), we will immediately conduct an internal investigation to establish the facts and cause of the incident, take measures to prevent its reoccurrence and report the incident to overseeing authorities and customers in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
The following provisions apply to customers residing in the State of California, United States of America
With respect to the handling of personal information of customers residing in the State of California, United States of America, the following special provisions (“Special Provisions”) shall apply in addition to the Privacy Statement (the “Statement”). Should any conflict between the Statement and the following Special Provisions arise, the Special Provisions shall prevail.
The types of personal information and the purposes of use for which we may use the personal information that we may have collected during the twelve (12) months prior to the last revision of the Statement and these Special Provisions are as described in Article 5 of the Statement. The source of such personal information is the person to whom the personal information pertains.
1. You may check on your personal information by the method we have set out and correct, update, or delete the information yourself. Notwithstanding Article 10 of the Statement, upon your request and in accordance with applicable law, we will provide you with access to and delete the personal information in our possession as follows.
(1)Access: You retain the right to demand disclosure of the following information that we have collected, used, or disclosed about you twice in a period of 12-months. This includes information that we have collected, used, or disclosed in the 12 months prior to your disclosure request.
(2)Deletion: You retain the right to demand the deletion of certain pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
2. For access or deletion requests, please contact:
3. In order to protect the privacy of our customers and maintain security, we will verify your identity before providing you with access to your own personal information or responding to a deletion request.
1) We will review access or deletion requests from unique accounts only if the request relates to the personal information associated with a password-protected account that has been sufficiently verified as belonging to you.
2) If you do not possess a password-protected account with us or are unable to access your password-protected account, we will validate your access or deletion request according to the following procedures.
3）If you make an access or deletion request through a representative, we may request you to (1) provide the representative with a signed document granting permission to make the request, (2) make direct contact with us to verify your identity, and (3) confirm directly with us that you have given your representative permission to submit the request on your behalf.
4. Should you choose to exercise any of the rights set forth in this Article, you retain the right to be treated without discrimination by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.